Graphics Driver Update
Graphics Driver Update
The graphics driver is the controller that provides instructions to the graphic card to operate and display visuals as needed. Very often we are required to do Graphics Driver Update manually. Outdated drivers can degrade your system performance. However, if you want your system to work at its maximum capacity, it is essential that all your system drivers are updated with their latest versions. The latest and updated drivers add on to the overall functionality, brings new features, supports hardware in a better way, and improves system stability. The same can be said for graphics drivers, as well.
What is a graphics driver?
A graphics driver is a piece of software, or more precisely, a set of instructions, that enables your computer to produce images, photos, and movies from digital code (zeroes and ones). The operating instructions for a piece of hardware (i.e., a physical component) called a graphics card, which is specifically designed to render images on your computer, are provided by graphics drivers, sometimes referred to as display drivers or video drivers. In other words, the device that enables your computer to show visuals is your graphics card. Your graphics card receives instructions on how to operate from the graphics driver.
How to identify your graphics driver on Windows?
Any of the three major manufacturers’ graphics cards may be install in a Windows PC. Just keep in mind that graphics drivers only function on the graphics hardware for which they were intended. For instance, Intel graphics drivers are not recognise by Nvidia and AMD graphics processors. Here’s a quick method to identify the graphics card (and driver) that your Windows computer is running:
- Enter “System Information” into the taskbar search box, then choose it.
- The “Display” option can be found by navigating to the System Information view and scrolling down the left-hand menu until you find it.
- Look for “Adapter Type” and “Adapter Description” under “Display.” The details you require about your graphics card, including the brand and model, are contain in these two line items. You can identify the graphics driver on your PC using this information.
How to update Graphics Driver?
Following are the three different methods to update graphics driver:
Using Device Manager
With the following steps you can do Graphics Driver Update:
- To examine and manage hardware settings and driver software installed on your computer, go to the Search tab and type Device Manager.
- From the list menu, select Display Adapter.
- Next, select Update Driver by performing a right-click on the Intel(R) HD Graphics.
- You now have two choices.
- Search automatically for drivers
- Browse my computer for drivers
- The best driver for your system will be install automatically if you choose the first option.
- You can choose the second option, “Browse my computer for drivers,” if you wish to choose the graphic driver manually and are dissatisfied with the install one.
- Additionally, you will have a choice between two options. One must manually choose the place for the driver browsing. Another option is to pick from the system’s available drivers, which shows all compatible hardware.
- The graphic driver may occasionally not be in the list. Here, you must uncheck the box that says “show compatible devices” and choose from the available selections.
- Moreover, keep selecting “next” until the installation is finish.
- Then restart your computer, Windows 11 has a new graphic.
Modifying “Driver Directly”
One of the simplest ways to update the graphics driver in Windows 11 is by using this method. You must, however, be aware of the precise location of your graphics driver in order to do this. When you do, right-click the driver and choose Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
Check Windows Update
The greatest solution for updating the graphics driver in Windows 11 might occasionally be find in regular software updates. You don’t need to do much here. You should look at the most recent Windows updates the company has published. Check the update by going to Settings > Windows Update. You can also upgrade the graphics driver by going to Settings > Windows upgrade > Advanced options > Optional Updates to receive additional information.
Why should graphics drivers be up to date?
Graphics device manufacturers periodically roll out Graphics Driver Update, which you can find online and download onto your device. Whenever you’re given the option, it’s wise to install updated graphics drivers as these updates often provide greater processing power, enhanced energy efficiency, and smarter allocation of random access memory (RAM). Occasionally these updates can even protect you from malware that targets a computer’s graphics card.
Gamers in particular have a vested interest in keeping their devices up to date with the latest graphics drivers. Modern video games tend to place enormous demands on GPUs, and they’ll run at peak performance only if they have the most recent graphics driver.